|If you're ready for a new career, get started today! |
Oklahoma's most complete source for integrated marketing solutions. Discover what it's like to work for a true multi-platform media company.
(PT) EVENT SALES COORDINATOR
The Oklahoman is looking for a part time Event Sales Coordinator to sell newspaper subscriptions at local events. If you are a highly motivated person who enjoys talking with people and are interested in sales, we would enjoy meeting you!
- Attend The Oklahoman Sponsored events to sell subscriptions, with a focus on acquisition
- Coordinate events and onsite presence maximize sales exposure.
- Deliver key benefits: Value, Relevance, User Experience and Benefits.
- Engage consumers with charisma and energy, not only to deliver vital product talking points and demonstrations but to provide a fun and memorable experience.
- Influence purchase behavior and make a SALE!
- Energize and incentivize consumers in all product offerings and sales plans.
- Bring The Oklahoman to life by demonstrating the functionality and ease of use and positive emotional benefit gained for consumers.
- Discuss upcoming strategic editorial content offerings and upcoming events.
- Possesses the ability to prioritize, adhere to schedules and communicate regularly on a project status.
- Must be able to work independently and also as a member of a cohesive team. Has the physical stamina to set up and breakdown kiosks, carry hand-outs and stand for extended periods of time.
- Reacts to changes productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- 1 - 2 years of sales experience
- Sales skills should be present along with strong communication skills.
- Time Management and good organization skills are critical.
- Must be available to work daytime and non-traditional hours, including some nights and weekends
- Must be savvy with social media and digital technology.
- Travel is a requirement of the position; must possess a vehicle, a valid driver's license and car insurance.
Apply today to be part of a team that enjoys excellent benefits and a fun, professional work environment.
Competitive hourly pay plus a great commission structure.
(FT) CREATIVE DIRECTOR
The Creative Director is primarily responsible for overseeing the Creative Department supporting core brands including The Oklahoman, NewsOK, The Oklahoman Direct and BigWing Interactive, as well as Advertising Sales and advertising clients. The creative Director will work with the VP Marketing to drive creative strategy for planning, developing, and implementing effective outside marketing and advertising campaigns, sales support and communications. The Creative Director manages all Creative Department staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise, manage and inspire creative department, including marketing designers and copywriters, and advertiser support designers.
- Assigns creative resources (people and budget) in ways that are rational, efficient, cost-effective and timely.
- Oversees brand development and design for The Oklahoman, as well as contribute to NewsOK, Oklahoman Direct, and BigWing Interactive; including management of related logos, trademarks, and other intellectual property of company; ensuring branding is up-to date, efficient, and effective
- Plans and directs messaging and design strategies for all marketing communications channels, including broadcast, print, outdoor, digital, social, direct and website, ensuring websites are userfriendly, fully-functional, and content is appropriate and consistently updated on all company websites
- Leads creative sessions for project kick-offs
- Understands and incorporates market research and digital analytics into development of creative strategies, creating meaningful suggestions for improvement and creative direction
- Maintain external vendor relations with media companies, ensuring maximum value and effectiveness of marketing and advertising campaigns that attract positive public attention to brands
- Responsible for establishing and adhering to internal and external creative development and marketing budgets
- Oversee design and create website content, advertising, business cards, marketing materials, POP and in-store signage and any other visual representations, as needed
- Applies industry best-practices to marketing communications materials to ensure maximum effectiveness and searches for ways to optimize marketing campaigns
- Oversee printing and distributing of marketing materials, including press checks to ensure quality
- Monitors creative trends and reports on them to Marketing team
- Responsible for continuing to evolve core marketing initiatives, including Brand, Sports and B2B campaigns
- Generates ideas for increasing consumer appeal of marketing initiatives
- Trains employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments
- All other job duties as assigned
- Graphic design and current in latest design trends
- Digital, print, collateral, video design
- Video production
- Idea person who can execute
- Leadership, management and mentoring
- Social media savvy
- Positive, upbeat attitude, sense of humor helps
(FT) MARKET RESEARCH SPECIALIST
A core element of The OMC's growth objectives, creation of competitive advantage and value creation is to use valid data about markets, customers, clients, trends, brand strength, product feedback, and more, to inform our decision-making.
The Market Research Specialist is accountable for developing and analyzing market research, initiating internally-driven research surveys supporting Marketing, Advertising and other organizations within the company; managing various projects through third party specialists (for example NPS, Voice of the Customer, Brand reputation studies) and researching existing market research.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inform and guide our efforts toward improving key brand measures (unaided and aided awareness, brand opinion, purchase consideration and Net Promoter Score)
- Inform and guide existing product development and Identify new marketing and product opportunities to increase sales, traffic and user engagement
- Contribute to and guide Advertising Sales national and local sales efforts by creating, analyzing and leveraging data that identifies sales opportunities, influences sales initiatives and proposals, and informs sales reps on competitive and category data, as well as industry trends
- Provide support to other organizations in the company, including Circulation, Audience Development and NIC, as well as to Strategy teams
- Manage a portfolio of research activities (Voice of the customer measures, net promoter score, reputation and perception, industry market share and insights)
- Execute and report on internally developed market surveys
- Create and maintain strong relationships with Advertising, Audience Development, NIC and Circulation
- Develop competitive reviews
- Contribute insights to product development
- Provide regular report-outs of research findings
- Respond to ad hoc research and data requests
- Experience with Simmons and/or Scarborough
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
- Survey design, execution and analysis, experience with SurveyGizmo or similar
- Competitive claim development
- Approachable, communication skills (oral and written)
(PT) RETENTION SPECIALIST
The Oklahoman Media Company has an immediate opening in our Circulation department for a Retention Specialist. If you are an energetic, positive thinking individual who would love communicating to our subscribers you could become a member of our professional team who work diligently in retaining subscribers. If you think you can work with our subscribers and with confidence at renewing their subscription we want to talk to you.
- Work directly with customers via telephone, to collect payments owed in order to motivate current customers to renew subscription.
- Mail invoices to current subscribers to collect payments.
- Educates customers on product offerings and services explains pricing and answers questions from customers building value in the customer relationship.
- Follows up with customer via telephone following initial sales contact.
- Identifies customer issues and provides appropriate solutions.
- Places a minimum of 70 outbound calls each day
- Consistently meets departmental sales goals
- Continued product education to better service customer calls
- Maintains accurate daily record of sales
- Demonstrated ability to listen, elicit information efficiently, comprehend and resolve customer issues.
- Provide excellent customer service by being attentive, respectful and professional at all times
- Work was a team with other retention specialists to ensure optimum customer satisfaction
- At least 6 months outbound sales, collections or telemarketing experience
- 1 or more year's customer service experience
- Good organizational skills and the ability to multi task in a fast paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong PC skills and able to type at least 45 WPM.
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Superior closing skills
Approx. 30 hours per week with an hourly competitive pay plan. Attractive sales incentives. Hours are Monday - Thursday 2PM - 8PM and Friday 9AM - 4:30PM
(PT) PROJECT COORDINATOR
The Oklahoman Media Company is looking for a part time Project Coordinator within our Circulation Audience Development department. This position will be responsible for the following:
- Staff Support - Coordinates and manages special projects for the circulation department. Uses independent judgment and discretion with minor project issues and more critical issues are discussed and/or handled by the supervisor.
- Operations Coordination - Coordinates operational activities with various departments as they pertain to circulation including special promotions, contests and digital audience development.
- Communications/Correspondence - Coordinates communications on behalf of the Educational Services and Digital Audience Development manager.
- Report Preparation/Records Management - Contributes to the preparation and submission of daily, weekly and monthly reports.
- Performs various tasks on an as needed basis to ensure, and contribute to, the success of the department.
The ideal candidate for this position possesses moderate to advanced excel skills, strong written and verbal communication skills, a positive attitude, a willingness to learn, the ability to lift 50 lbs. regularly and will have great organizational skills.
(FT) LOCAL SALES MANAGER
The Oklahoman Media Company is a multi-media company whose purpose is to help make Oklahoma a better place to live, work, and raise a family. We provide value to our customers and advertisers by leveraging a variety of print and digital products and services.
We are looking for a full-time Local Sales Leader, with a "Hunter" mentality, to drive sales across a full suite of digital and print platforms and solutions across classified verticals. The ideal candidate will have experience and skill in creating new digital products and services and building business plans to support their launch. The ideal candidate will be very digital-centric, forward-thinking, have a high work ethic, and have a track record of providing successful strategic direction to and progressive leadership for sales teams as well as peers throughout the company.
- Meets and exceeds quarterly and annual revenue goals. Must have strong financial acumen.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of all of our print, digital, and direct mail products, platforms and services.
- Leads the local sales team in delivering valuable results to customers using a host of print and digital products and platforms.
- Drives new business urgently by providing strategic direction and innovative solutions to increase revenue in the digital realm.
- Executes/implements solutions effectively, is analytical, and tracks solutions to ensure desired results.
- Responsible for selling and training others to sell the value of digital marketing services and print solutions across all verticals, including social media management, web development, search engine optimization, search engine marketing, etc.
- Utilizes and manages internal resources to expand current business opportunities.
- Works with various departments and the local sales team to create new products and solutions for our customers to ensure the delivery of valuable results.
- Enables account penetration across all aspects of the business to include marketing, sales, market research, etc., with the goal of developing strong business relationships and results with clients.
- Demonstrates consultative sales skills in order to enable customers to drive their business and achieve their objectives through our products.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing or a related field.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience leading sales teams.
- High work ethic, excellent communication skills, both oral and written, resilient state of mind.
- Strategic thinker with ability to implement strategies and deliver results.
- Strong understanding of and familiarity with major social and digital platforms.
- Experience selling the value of digital marketing services, including social media management, web development, search engine optimization, search engine marketing, etc., as well as other print and direct mail solutions.
- Requires a strong knowledge of digital advertising revenue models (CPM, CPC, CPA).
- Excellent business development and negotiation skills.
- Strong financial Acumen with attention to detail.
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills with the ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Media industry sales experience required.
NEWS AND INFORMATION CENTER
(FT) INVESTIGATIVE REPORTER
The Oklahoman is an award-winning multimedia company dedicated to our dynamic, growing community.
We produce a daily newspaper (The Oklahoman) with local, state, national and international coverage. We also host the biggest news website in the state of Oklahoma (NewsOK.com). We are currently seeking an experienced multi-media investigative reporter to join our team.
The ideal candidate will have strong writing, reporting, social media and technology skills to cover general assignments as well as a federal government beat. This position will also produce daily stories that range from hours to in-depth projects that may take weeks to accomplish.
- Bachelor's Degree in Journalism
- Must have a minimum of five years of experience and show a demonstrated track record of producing great journalism.
- Must be able to work with multi-media (video, podcasts, and social media).
- The applicant needs to be a self-starter with a demonstrated ability to come up with and execute compelling story ideas, scour public records, conduct quality interviews and produce great reads. Competence in data-based journalism is a plus.
Candidates must also submit a cover letter with no more than ten stories or packages in PDF or a Word document with a list of the URLs.
BENEFITS MAY INCLUDE:*
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Leadership Development Program
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Automatic Payroll Deposit
- Award, Bonus and Recognition Programs
- Discounts for Newspaper Subscriptions
* Part-time benefits may vary.
Qualified Candidates: Apply online for any of our current job openings by accessing our website at www.theomc.com (click on the careers tab), text OPUBCOJOBS to 65360 OR if you don't have access to a computer, visit our Human Resources department, 100 W. Main St, Suite 100, between the hours of 8:30-11:30 A.M. and 1:30-4:30 P.M. Monday through Friday to use one of our computers to complete our online application. No phone calls, please. Thank you for your interest in The Oklahoman Media Company. We are an equal opportunity employer with a drug-free environment.
|CLICK THE IMAGE TO VIEW THE AD|