OSU – Oklahoma City, located in the heart of Oklahoma City is looking for Anatomy Science Tutor.
This position is temporary part-time, 10 hours a week. The tutor will assist and tutor students in Human Anatomy and assist where needed in information relating to lab. The overall purpose is to assist and intervene with support services for academic success and retention.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Provide Project SOAR students with subject matter tutoring and assistance with challenging concepts.
2. Providing feedback to instructors about where a student is struggling
3. Enforcing sign-in and cell phone rules to create a safe, positive learning environment
4. Listening to students who need someone to talk to
5. Providing feedback to the director regarding issues or success stories
6. Document on-going student contact logs via computerized database
7. Coordinate with biological life sciences instructors to have up to date resources, such as books, syllabi, software, etc.
8. Recruit new students for the program
9. Work closely with the tutoring staff in the Student Success and Opportunity Center (SSOC)
10. Perform other duties as assigned
Rate of Pay: $7.64 per hour
Must have taken Chemistry and received an A or B. Pursuing education.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Professional and positive behavior and appearance
Dependable, responsible and prompt characteristics
Knowledge of a human cadaver anatomy lab
Ability to handle confidential information discreetly
Ability to work independently and also collaboratively within a team environment
Strong organization and planning skills
Strong problem-solving skills
Evidences a history of demonstrating ethical and professional behavior
TRIO background experience
Knowledge of biological life sciences and chemistry
Normal office conditions Monday through Thursday (8:00am-5:30pm)
Normal office physical requirements
Occasional light lifting
Apply online at http://jobs.okstate.edu
For questions call 405-945-3206.
Oklahoma State University (OSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, OSU conducts pre-employment background checks on final candidates. Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.