Req ID: 69462
BASIC PURPOSE: Area Tire Care Managers help run our business by overseeing and supervising the operations of multiple tire care centers. The Area Tire Care Manager is responsible for sales, facility maintenance, maintaining a safe work environment and providing exceptional customer service for all assigned locations.
JOB SUMMARY: An Area Tire Care Manager will perform various daily manager duties by overseeing, directing and coordinating activities among multiple tire shops to best serve our customers. An area tire care manager may also be required to provide tire service to customers as needed.
- Provide exceptional customer service and verify that tire care employees are doing the same
- Recognize and resolve customer issues or complaints by determining optimal solutions in a timely manne
- Collaborate with local District Manager to effectively manage employee turnover and retention. Recruit, hire, train, evaluate and coach employees. Make personnel changes as necessary
- Responsible for having familiarity with talent stop to ensure onboarding of new employees is happening properly
- Utilize the Learning Management System and other necessary training tools to verify that training is complete and consistent. Responsible for following up on training regularly
- Address employee issues in an appropriate and timely manner. Utilize the progressive discipline policy to manage employee issues. Collaborate with the local District manager as necessary to manage employee issues
- Ensure proper labor management and effective scheduling at each tire care location
- Delegate tasks as needed and follow-up with employees to ensure that tasks are being completed
- Verify proper invoicing and payment processing for services performed at each location
- Effectively manage fleet of tire care trucks and ensure each location is taking proper care of tire care truck, and providing routine safety training to prevent accidents in the tire care truck
- Identify areas of opportunity on the monthly P&Ls and 13 weeker reports and implement plans to correct any issues
- Ensure each tire shop facility is clean, organized and secure
- Ensure HAZCOM Manuel and Safety Data Sheets are being updated regularly
- Promote safety-first work practices. Maintain a safe facility and use safety first practices to remain accident free
- Maintain personal grooming standards
- Other duties assigned by your supervisor
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- HS Diploma or equivalent required
- 2+ Years’ in tire, diesel mechanics, auto parts/repair, lube express, or facilities maintenance
- 2+ Years’ supervising and training unit managers
- 2+ Years’ managing operations with an annual sales volume of $1+million
- 2+ Years’ effecting and deciphering budgets and P&L statements for multiple units
- Previous fleet management experience preferred
- DOT Certified
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have a clean and consistent record of safety
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Hard Skills: Ability to learn and perform light mechanical diesel repairs, basic housekeeping tasks, repair and maintenance procedures, knowledge of electrical breakers, scissor lift operation, and safety glasses/vest usage.
- Soft Skills: Work with other employees, team player, detail and deadline oriented, multitasking, organizational skills, strong verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to adapt and to grow from changing market conditions
- Typical Physical Demands:
- Regularly required to talk and hear at a normal range
- Very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day.
- Frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Extensive travel is required for this position
EEO STATEMENT: Love’s Travel Stops Inc. and Its Affiliates provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Function(s): Transportation
Founded in 1964 by Tom Love, Love’s Family of Companies is headquartered in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, and remains entirely family owned and operated. With more than 300 locations in 40 states, Love’s approximate growth rate is 20 stores per year. Love’s has consistently ranked in the top 10 on Forbes’ Magazine’s annual listing of America’s largest privately held companies. From the first filling station in Watonga, Oklahoma, the Love’s commitment has remained the same: “Clean Places, Friendly Faces.”