Involved in the direct supervision of Teller and Personal Bankers, including: coaching, motivating, counseling, scheduling, training, coordinating job duties, approving transactions, and assisting with questions or problems. Provides effective coaching for accountability to achieve financial goals and maximize service performance, while providing motivation to inspire continuous improvement of individual/team performance.
Provides service to new and existing clients by promoting, selling, and opening bank deposit and loan services, etc. Handles client problems or questions regarding their accounts. In some locations, serves as the resource where elevated client issues are researched and resolved. Requires thorough knowledge and familiarity of the various accounts and products provided by the bank.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Assists in the day-to-day management of Teller operations including research and resolution of complex problems.
- Assumes management responsibility of the Branch location in the absence of the Branch Manager.
- Involved in the direct supervision of Tellers and may be involved in the supervision of Personal Bankers, concerning staffing, scheduling, performance reviews and employee questions.
- Gathers pertinent information, drafts recommendations, gains consensus for recommendation and communicates results regarding employee performance for possible advancement, promotion and disciplinary action.
- Develops plans of action to assist associates in reaching their maximum potential, including: setting individual associate goals, conducting regular service skills training, employee cross-training and promoting regular employee feedback.
- In conjunction with the Branch Manager, recommends employee salary adjustments within the bank’s salary improvement program.
- Participates in interviews with job applicants and recommends candidates for job placement.
- In conjunction with the Branch Manager, develops and implements a program for consumer business development and financial services promotion; may participate in community development activities.
- Prepares materials for meetings, leads Teller one-on-one meetings; participates in and assists the Branch Manager in team meetings.
- Ensures compliance with bank policies and procedures; including ensuring security measures are adhered to in transaction processing, opening and closing procedures.
- Complies with and personally ensures that Tellers and Personal Bankers comply with all regulatory requirements and that appropriate documentation and reporting are completed.
- Responsible for audits and decisions regarding outstanding client account issues; decisions Yellowhammer fraud exceptions on client accounts, and recommends course of action.
- Is available during and after normal bank hours to answer questions, approve transactions and solve problems for employees and clients. Utilizes knowledge and experience in discretion and independent judgment to resolve complex transactions and client relation problems.
- Serves as point of contact for security concerns occurring after business hours.
- Ensures equipment is operating and serviced at acceptable standards, recommending service or equipment needs to Managers.
- May serve on leadership teams aimed at improving bank processes.
- Performs Teller and Personal Banker functions as needed.
- Sets a positive example in all areas.
- Performs other relevant duties as assigned.
- Previous banking experience preferred. Must have at least one year prior experience in customer service and retail sales demonstrating ability to manage and balance cash transactions
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Equivalent combination of education and experience can be substituted for stated qualifications
- High school degree or equivalent required.
- College degree preferred.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS (SKILLS, ABILITIES, CHARACTERISTICS):
- Supervisory abilities including: leadership ability, sound decision making ability, ability to motivate, and capability of dealing with conflict in a positive and productive manner.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent client service skills, including interpersonal and communication skills.
- Skills, ability, and knowledge to proactively and effectively participate in the bank’s sales program, meeting or exceeding expectations and/or goals of the sales and referral activities established for this position.
- Demonstrates proficient computer skills, ability, and knowledge to effectively and efficiently utilize bank technology.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: Yes
- May require long periods of standing or sitting.
- Ability to lift and carry cash drawers, coin bags, and boxes sometimes weighing over 25 pounds.
- May require long periods of typing and repetitive motion.
AA/EOE M/F/D/V MEMBER FDIC