1. Assists the Director of Internal Audit in accomplishing Department goals and plans.
2. Audits the accounting and financial data of various departments within an organization to ensure accuracy and compliance with government guidelines and laws.
3. Identifies improper accounting or documentation and researches issues and makes recommendations to improve policies or procedures accordingly.
4. Works with outside auditors to help reconcile discrepancies or support the external auditing function.
5. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
6. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
7. Performs a variety of tasks involving future planning and the execution of established audit plans.
8. Leads and directs the work of others including the day-to-day oversight of the audit staff.
9. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected in identifying potential risks faced by the organization and working with Management to implement controls to effectively mitigate the risk.
Requires a bachelor's degree in accounting or finance and 6-8 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Additionally, the Audit Manager should have a professional certification (CIA or CPA).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.