Provides administrative, operational, and supervisory support to the sales and service activities within the bank Office. Responsible for growing business and personal banking relationships through community development and interaction. Has responsibility to keep office facilities in proper working order. Provides effective leadership and supervision to maximize optimum sales/service performance, while providing motivation to inspire continuous improvement of individual/team performance.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Represents the bank and oneself in a positive, courteous, friendly, and professional manner.
- Represents the bank’s goals, values and standards of conduct, leading by example and stimulating employees in order to maximize productivity and accomplish the goals of the organization.
- Participate in community affairs to increase bank’s visibility and identify new business opportunities.
- Ensures the market provides the highest level of service and quality products to clients.
- Assists in the motivation of Branch staff, ensuring goals are attained.
- Provides effective supervision to Branch personnel. Demonstrates counseling and management skills consistent with the bank’s management philosophy, assisting personnel in reaching their maximum potential. Performs basic supervisory duties such as scheduling, monitoring time cards, absence reports, and performance evaluation.
- Maintains the aesthetic appeal and effectiveness of facility.
- Answers questions and solves problems for employees and clients. Utilizes knowledge and experience in exercising discretion and independent judgment to help complex transactions and resolve client relation problems.
- Ensures office personnel have a working knowledge of all bank policies and procedures, while encouraging the empowerment of staff.
- Actively participates in the sales development program including direct generation of sales leads and administrative support activities.
- Performs other relevant duties as assigned.
- At least three years experience in retail banking required.
- At least three years supervisory experience in a banking and/or proactive sales/service culture required.
- High school degree required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or work experience may be substituted for the stated qualifications.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS (SKILLS, ABILITIES, CHARACTERISTICS):
- Strong business development skills to market the bank and oneself in all situations, whether during or after business hours. This includes the ability to identify banking opportunities, and if necessary, refer prospective client to the appropriate bank Associate.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, enabling the individual to successfully motivate and work with a diverse group of people.
- Excellent supervisory skills, with proven leadership ability and skills necessary to handle employee relations in a positive and effective manner.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge and familiarity of the policies and procedures of the bank’s service and sales departments, including but not limited to client resources and tellers.
- Proven track record of success in a professional sales culture.
- High level of problem solving skills enabling individuals to take responsibility and/or risk to resolve situations where the outcome will reflect commitment to quality and client satisfaction.
- Effective leadership and supervisory skills to maximize individual/team performance.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: Yes
- Must be able to work within a routine office environment.
AA/EOE M/F/D/V MEMBER FDIC