The Business Relationship Manager (BRM) is responsible for acquiring, retaining, and expanding the banking relationships of business banking customers. With either new or existing customers, the BRM will profile, discover banking needs, and offer solutions to meet the current and growth objectives of business customers. The BRM will seek to source potential business and consumer customers through referrals from existing customers, business organizations, networking groups, attorneys, commercial real estate agents and CPAs. The BRM will act as a business expert with the assigned branches he/she is working with and will continually support, coach and provide expertise to banking center employees regarding business products and services with an emphasis on business lending.
This position will support the Yukon region.
The successful and self-driven candidate will have Business Banking/Relationship Management experience specifically working with originating small business loans of all types including Real Estate. This position requires proven credit knowledge and a proven success within a sales environment; including all processes such as profiling, outbound calling and telephone sales, consulting, networking, and appointment setting.
• 3-5 years of experience in a similar role is required, a Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
• Strong understanding of business credit, origination's and how to properly structure a commercial loan.
• Extensive knowledge of sales processes including business profiling, outbound calling and telephone sales, consulting, networking, and appointment setting.
• Knowledge of Retail Banking and working knowledge of commercial business processes, products and services.
• Excellent profiling, listening, influencing, advising and acquisition skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Strong problem solving skills and attention to detail are required.
• Strong initiative, excellent judgment, and comprehensive planning, organization, and follow-up skills.
• Ability to profile by asking personal financial questions, assessing customer needs, and recommending appropriate product and service solutions.
• Ability to effectively engage customers in the sales process.
• Ability to network and build effective relationships with customers and members of the community.
• Ability to work well in a team environment by partnering with other colleagues to meet customers’ needs and present customer service.
• Ability to work with customers in person and by telephone.
• Ability to work Saturdays and some evenings required.
• Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.