Req ID: 78041
BASIC PURPOSE: The Business Systems Analyst role is to plan, design, develop, and launch efficient information systems and operations systems in support of core organizational functions. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve system issues in order to maximize the benefit of Love’s IT systems investments.
- Assist in the planning, design, development, of new applications and enhancements to existing applications.
- Meet with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define business requirements and systems goals, and identify and resolve business systems issues.
- Ensure compatibility and interoperability of store systems.
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Assist in the deployment of new applications and enhancements to existing applications.
- Conduct research on hardware and software products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Create system design proposals.
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
- Create systems models, specifications, diagrams and charts to provide direction to system programmers.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems.
- Provide orientation and training to end users for all modified and new systems.
- Other duties assigned as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- HS Diploma or equivalent required
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information science, management information systems, or business administration or equivalent work experience.
- Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products.
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Hard skills: Working technical knowledge of SQL; working knowledge of network and Windows operating systems; working knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards; extensive experience with core software applications. Including NCR StorePoint, Verifone/AJB, and Xpient IRIS; excellent understanding of Love’s technology and operations goals and objectives.
- Soft Skills: Good project management skills; excellent written and oral communication skills; excellent listening and interpersonal skills; ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required; ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language; highly self motivated and directed; keen attention to detail; proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities; ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment; strong customer service orientation; experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Typical Physical Demands:
- Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines.
- On-call support in a rotation.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Requires prolonged sitting, some bending and stooping.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, calculator and other computer components.
- Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
Job Function(s): Information Technology
Clean Places, Friendly Faces. It's been the guiding principle at Love's for more than 50 years, and it's leading us into the future. We're passionate about serving drivers with clean, modern facilities stocked with plenty of fuel, food and supplies. Love's has two primary kinds of stores. Our 'Country Stores' are fueling stations with a convenience store attached. The larger 'Travel Stops' are located on interstate highways and offer additional amenities such as food from popular restaurant chains, trucking supplies, showers and more.