Req ID: 77402
Love's College Intern Program
The Love’s college internship program is frequently referred to as the best in Oklahoma City. This rapidly growing program provides opportunities for students in multiple areas of the business to receive employee level experience, not just busy work. Students also gain valuable knowledge that they can’t get in a classroom; they are guided through proper etiquette of a professional corporate setting. With a high percentage of full time offers, Love’s takes the time to invest not only in the students, but in their future.
Over the course of the summer, Love’s interns also participate in the following activities:
- Tour of multiple business operations
- Q&A sessions with executives
- Participation in Greater Grads: InternOKC
- Community volunteering activities
- Social/Networking events
- Classroom skills based training
- Mentor program
- Structured performance feedback
- Formal presentation to Love’s leadership
Business Systems Internship
BASIC PURPOSE: Deliver Love’s information technology business transformation process by leveraging established SDLC’s and Business Analysis methodologies and practices. This will include working directly with assigned business units and clients to evaluate their needs analyze options and provide effective and thoughtful solutions that fit within the strategy of Love’s Enterprise Technology Strategy.
- Work with different business units, such as, Merchandise, Operations, Marketing, and other required Business Units to gather reporting requirements to deliver analytics results to drive businesses forward.
- Responsible for gathering accurate documentation and goals in a collaborative and open setting.
- Assist project managers and product managers in defining and leading scoping sessions and delivering solid deliverables to help build consensus around solutions and technologies
- During evaluation of scope, ensure project strategy is in place to align with overall program goals
- Collaborate with project managers, other business analysts, subject matter experts, as well as, project sponsors to determine optimal solution options as it relates to goals and objectives.
- Research, review, and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of current solution and business processes to identify opportunities where improvements can be gained
- Manage multiple activities and tasks within projects while ensuring quality of work and depth is maintained
- Work to develop solid Process Flows, Data Flow Diagrams, Use Case and BPMN documentation to ensure accurate representation of requirements and goals for the delivery of technology solutions
- Help manage the Love’s SDLC for solutions to ensure features and functions have been enabled and optimized and are stable and scalable
- Provide Testing and QA responsibilities, where necessary, to ensure functional requirement is met and delivered as specified
- Work with 3rd Party vendors where necessary to gather, document and communicate deliverables as needed
- Recommend process improvements both in business processes and in the SDLC
- Perform other tasks as needed to deliver successful solutions
- Complete all required Love’s business analysis documentation as needed
- Ensure staffing and training requirements are met and ensure a seamless turnover to services support team post-implementation
- Other duties assigned as needed.
Education and Experience:
- HS Diploma or equivalent required
- Currently enrolled in four year university program, a sophomore level or above (pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, management information systems, engineering, math, business or equivalent degree).
- Preferred: General Understanding of Reporting Analytics and Business Intelligence
Skills and Physical Demands:
- Proficient knowledge of IT Business Analysis
- Ability to manage 100+ emails per day
- Ability to manage numerous competing demands in a high stress environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to manage multiple projects of both complexity and scope
- Mentor and make recommendations of improvement to less experienced team members when called upon.
- Typical Physical Demands
- Requires prolonged sitting, some bending and stooping
- Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard and calculator
- Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
Job Function(s): Human Resources
Clean Places, Friendly Faces. It's been the guiding principle at Love's for more than 50 years, and it's leading us into the future. We're passionate about serving drivers with clean, modern facilities stocked with plenty of fuel, food and supplies. Love's has two primary kinds of stores. Our 'Country Stores' are fueling stations with a convenience store attached. The larger 'Travel Stops' are located on interstate highways and offer additional amenities such as food from popular restaurant chains, trucking supplies, showers and more.