Req ID: 83461
BASIC PURPOSE: The Category Management Specialist (CMS) position is responsible for touching every aspect of the day to day buying process for all items within their given categories for all 400+ Love’s Travel Stop Locations. The buying process includes, but is not limited to Distributions, Item Maintenance, Support Operations, and Communication (D.I.S.C). The CMS will be proficient in all merchandising software for reporting, and item setup.
- Utilize analytics tools to create distributions of products that have or have/not been sold in our locations.
- Create/maintain store level distributions rankings based upon category sales, sell-through, and size of location.
- Maintain annual distribution calendar for all distributors
- Track distributions to assure timely delivery for all 400+ Locations
- Work with vendor partner to identify mis-shipments, and develop store level resolution.
- Prioritize and plan duties during the week/month to optimize time lines and deadlines that require timely updates of internal item management of cost, pack size changes, plan-a-gram updates, and distribution to stores.
- Work within Vendorlink to review vendor submitted files for accuracy, and approve inputs after review, and correction.
- Manage monthly promotion plans and purchase orders provided by vendors/suppliers via monthly marketing plans.
- Manage all facets of the new store set up process including communication of process and follow up
- Work with Vendorlink team to clarify store level questions with vendor partners (i.e. cost does not look correct in handheld)
- Follow-up to make sure new vendors, items have been setup in Vendorlink.
- Answer questions from stores, store support, Vendorlink, etc… for given categories.
- Create solutions based upon Divisional Merchandising Manager (DMM) requests.
- Assist in testing and implementing new procedures or software upgrades and/or implementation.
- Order equipment and schedule deliveries as well as coordinate any labor tied to install process
- Communicate to Pricebook, Vendorlink, Marketing, Store Operations (Tuesday Merchandising Call, Thursday Merchandising E-mail to operations, Friday Division Director Call), vendor partners, category managers, and senior management on distributions, category initiatives, and program rollouts.
- Elevate Issues to Category Manager that become trends for further support, and direction.
Success is defined through Reporting
- Generate reporting that provides insight on future promotions.
- Create Sell-through reporting on given categories.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for given categories to lead Reporting functions on all reporting and production reports of sales for all assigned categories.
- Work alongside analytics team to gather, and organize data
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- HS Diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelors preferred
- Experience in Retail preferred
- Accounts Payable and experience with technical developments or implementation a plus
- Experience managing vendor relations a plus
Clean Places, Friendly Faces. It's been the guiding principle at Love's for more than 50 years, and it's leading us into the future. We're passionate about serving drivers with clean, modern facilities stocked with plenty of fuel, food and supplies. Love's has two primary kinds of stores. Our 'Country Stores' are fueling stations with a convenience store attached. The larger 'Travel Stops' are located on interstate highways and offer additional amenities such as food from popular restaurant chains, trucking supplies, showers and more.