Supports the entire Commercial and Retail Banking Teams through the preparation of commercial, real estate, and consumer loan documents, both simple and complex. Has thorough understanding of most types of loans and other related requirements, and can independently act to meet those requirements. Gathers, compiles, and evaluates information, as well as obtains documents necessary for completion of a loan. Works under minimal supervision while supporting the Commercial and Retail Banking functions. Has a thorough understanding of regulatory requirements and legal requirements for Oklahoma and Arizona.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Represents the bank in a positive, courteous, friendly, and professional manner at all times, including telephone, email and other methods of communicating.
- Prepares general correspondence and all types of commercial, real estate, and consumer loan documents.
- Gathers, and evaluates information from loan clients, title companies, and other parties, such as tax returns collateral information, financial documents, etc.
- Utilizes LaserPro loan documentation system to create commercial, real estate, and consumer loan promissory notes, loan agreements and all other types of documents.
- Responsible for HMDA, CRA, Reg Z, RESPA and Flood compliance process/reporting for commercial, real estate, and consumer loans.
- Responsible for scanning and indexing all loan document types to Synergy
- Proactively resolves Commercial and Retail collateral exceptions as well as other types of exceptions
- Responsible for tracking insurance and force placing as needed.
- Responsible for setting up collateral tracking.
- Processes lien entries, UCC-1 forms, UCC continuations, certified mailing of titles, determining filing location, and mailing real property documents to appropriate county/state.
- Performs a pre and post documentation review of loan documentation.
- Responsible for requesting title work, appraisals, and flood determinations for real estate secured loans
- Responsible for requesting new credit card requests as well as increases to credit cards for consumer and commercial clients.
- Mails adverse action and collection letters to applicants/clients.
- Processes requests for verification of deposit and other credit inquiries.
- Disburses funds on new loans.
- Pays title company and appraisal invoices.
- Completes special projects as assigned by Loan Operations Management.
- Provides support to Commercial Officers as well as Retail front end staff.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Possess a minimum of three years experience preparing commercial, real estate, and consumer loan documentation.
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the stated qualifications.
- High school degree or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS (SKILLS, ABILITIES, CHARACTERISTICS):
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient typing and computer skills including Word and Excel.
- Proficient in use of LaserPro Loan Documentation system preferred.
- Ability to read, comprehend and evaluate detailed and complex loan documents.
- Thorough understanding and familiarity of the bank’s loan policies and procedures.
- Ability to work independently to resolve problems and complete complex loan transactions.
- Thorough knowledge of regulatory and legal issues encountered in the completion and closing of complex commercial, real estate, and consumer loans.
- Thorough knowledge of title policies, UCC guidelines, lien filing and mortgage/deed of trust filing.
- Thorough knowledge of loan regulations such as RESPA, HMDA Reg C, Reg Z, Reg B etc.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is required to:
- Work in a normal office environment.
- Constantly talk or hear.
- Constantly sit for long durations.
- Frequently use hands to finger, handle, feel, push and pull.
- Frequently handle repetitive motion (sustained movements of the wrists, hands and/or fingers).
- Frequently stand, walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, and occasionally up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
AA/EOE M/F/D/V MEMBER FDIC