The Commercial Relationship Manager is responsible for the acquisition, retention, and expansion of Commercial business clients. Typically, the Commercial Relationship Manager will be responsible for businesses with Deposit and/or Credit needs of $500,000 or more.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Conducts 5-10 client/prospect ‘outside’ visits per week.
- Builds knowledge of all clients and prospects financial needs by completing in-depth profiling of Commercial business owners and other principals.
- Understands the needs of their clients/prospects and recommends the appropriate product, service or solution.
- Work closely with all areas of the Bank and other partners (including Retail, Private Banking, Investrust, Financial Partners, etc.) to provide solutions to all Commercial clients and Business owners.
- Work closely with the Treasury Services Manager to ensure that Commercial customers/prospects needs are properly matched with the appropriate depository, cash management, and investment needs.
- Proactively solicits new business relationships through aggressive calling efforts on prospects developed through referrals from existing customers, personal prospecting, and cultivation of key referral sources.
- Collects and analyzes financial and related data to determine the general creditworthiness of Commercial customer/prospects and the merits of specific credit requests.
- Develop information for and make loan presentations to appropriate loan committees when required.
- Establish and negotiate, when necessary, terms under which credit will be extended.
- Monitor loan repayment activities and take necessary action to collect from past due accounts.
- Participate in community affairs to increase bank’s visibility and enhance new business opportunities.
- A minimum of three years of relationship management experience required (preferably to commercial or small businesses customers).
- A minimum of five years of credit experience as gained through credit analyst, loan portfolio management, loan review, or equivalent positions, with proven ability to understand and analyze financial statements, tax returns and other financial documents and to make sound credit decisions.
- A minimum of three years of banking experience with a general knowledge of bank operations and specific knowledge of Treasury Management, depository and other products typically utilized by a commercial customer.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance-related field (Finance, Accounting, or Economics) required.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS (SKILLS, ABILITIES, CHARACTERISTICS):
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to listen attentively and intuitively, with high comprehension and effectively convey a response that promotes a positive impression.
- Must be driven, accountable, hardworking, goals-oriented and a self-starter.
- Strong business development and people skills to market the bank and oneself in all situations, whether during or after business hours. This includes being able to identify banking opportunities, and if necessary, refer the client to the appropriate person.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and the ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to make sound decisions of all types, with little hesitation and after thorough consideration of relevant data.
- Ability to interpret financial information and data, evaluate character and capabilities of the client, and determine the value of collateral offered.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None
- Must be able to work within a routine office environment.
AA/EOE M/F/D/V MEMBER FDIC