Req ID: 76161
BASIC PURPOSE: The primary purpose of this position is to provide support for Love’s internal communications projects with some additional support of external communications initiatives. This internship will focus on projects involving content classification and creation for our company intranet in support of our mission to continuously improve the delivery of information to our employees across the country. It also includes, as a secondary experience, working with our external communications team on assignments for digital content production and social media, public relations, and community and internal events.
- Play a key role in content data classifying project for Love’s intranet, theWave, serving 17,000 employees nationwide.
- Support internal communications team in creating content and writing original stories for theWave.
- Gather information for Love’s Country, Love’s monthly employee newsletter.
- Collaborate with staff on new ideas, directions, and tools for marketing and communications.
- Support external communications team, community relations team and events team as needed.
- Other duties assigned as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- HS Diploma or equivalent required.
- Currently enrolled in four-year university program for spring or fall 2017 working toward a degree in communications, corporate communication, organizational communication, strategic communication, new media communication, marketing communication, public relations, advertising, journalism, or other related field.
- Proven involvement and experience with a communications-related project.
- Experience using SharePoint software a plus.
- Past internship experience is a plus.
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Hard Skills: Knowledge of Microsoft Office, working knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, Excel. Proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop highly desired. Must be a strong writer with knowledge of AP Style.
- Soft Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong time management and organization skills, sense of urgency, keen attention to detail, capacity to take ownership of a project from start to completion, and the ability to manage tasks, requests and projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Typical Physical Demands:
- Requires prolonged sitting, some bending and stooping.
- Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard and calculator.
- Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
Job Function(s): Communications
Clean Places, Friendly Faces. It's been the guiding principle at Love's for more than 50 years, and it's leading us into the future. We're passionate about serving drivers with clean, modern facilities stocked with plenty of fuel, food and supplies. Love's has two primary kinds of stores. Our 'Country Stores' are fueling stations with a convenience store attached. The larger 'Travel Stops' are located on interstate highways and offer additional amenities such as food from popular restaurant chains, trucking supplies, showers and more.