The MidFirst Bank Compliance Testing Analyst I will assist in leading the Bank’s efforts in adhering to the rapidly changing regulatory environment. The Testing Analyst will conduct compliance testing in accordance with the risk-based Compliance Program as developed by the Director of Compliance and the Board of Directors.
Conducts testing for compliance with GSE and non-GSE guidelines, government insurer guidelines, and a variety of federal and state laws and regulations including, but not limited to, the following:
• Equal Credit Opportunity Act
• Electronic Funds Transfer Act
• Truth in Lending Act
• Fair Credit Reporting Act
• Servicemembers Relief Act
• Home Owners Protection Act
• National Flood Insurance Act
• Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
• Real Estate Procedures Act
• Home Mortgage Disclosure Act
• Mandated testing required under Federal Housing Administration (FHA), Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and the Department of Agriculture’s Rural Housing Service (RHS) for loans insured or guaranteed by such agencies
The Testing Analyst I should demonstrate capabilities to learn and execute the following functions:
• Complete supporting test-work and documentation in a professional and timely manner in accordance with compliance procedures and departmental standards.
• Participation in a team environment where motivation, support and knowledge pooling is paramount.
• Research laws and regulations applicable to the testing conducted and update compliance testing work papers, as appropriate.
• Identify exceptions related to noncompliance and communicate those exceptions to the Project Lead and/or the Compliance Testing Manager, as appropriate.
• Assist in identifying operational areas of concern that may impact losses and communicate operational best practice recommendations to the Project Lead and/or the Compliance Testing Manager.
• Work in conjunction with the team to follow-up and ensure exceptions are properly addressed.
• Participation in job-specific training and other bank training programs as required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
• A minimum of 1-3 years in the financial services industry and a basic understanding of regulatory mechanics.
• Must possess a strong working ability in Microsoft Office and other technological abilities.
• Fundamental data mining capabilities and data set evaluation skills.
• Fundamental ability to identify and assess compliance risks.
• Strong analytical, organizational and research skills.
• Demonstrated reasoning and critical thinking skills with the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions in order to make recommendations.
• Must maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion in performing daily duties.
• Project management exposure is a plus for working effectively in a high-pressure environment with time constraints.
• Strong writing skills are mandatory.
• Attention to detail is paramount for accurately performing job requirements.
• Position requires the ability to sit for extended periods.
• Occasional travel may be required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.