The Credit Card Governance position will play a key role in managing applicable regulations and conducting monitoring and testing for the areas of the bank impacted by and managing the credit card program.
Adherences to data and audit quality standards are essential and as well as a strong work ethic.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Engage and meet regularly with audit and compliance to design testing scenarios/strategies, develop and execute testing plans and report any feedback in a structured format for management
• Create monitoring framework for areas of regulatory and operational risk and assist lines of business in developing solutions to maintain compliance
• Identify and evaluate controls (or lack thereof) to ensure they are properly implemented to mitigate identified risks
• Provide recommendations on addition and / or deletion of controls based on necessity, as well as recommendations on streamlining / automation of controls
• Create inventory and description of controls, ensuring management is aware of key controls
• Review QC process to ensure proper focus on risks and controls
• Utilize analytical methods to determine potential anomalies in data or potential areas of improvement
• Track and monitor corrective action if findings are noted
• Assess threats to compliance with government agency, federal and state regulations, and become a subject matter expert on industry regulations and trends that may impact the responsible areas
• Assist with projects for new products, features or services to ensure that appropriate controls are implemented
• Provide assistance with policy, procedure or control changes related to regulatory or legal changes and/or findings
• Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have experience with audit or quality control experience, preferably in banking or credit cards. This position requires strong attention to detail. The candidate must have the ability to multi-task, learn quickly, work on multiple systems and be very organized to manage their daily workflow. Candidate must demonstrate strong computer skills with at least a moderate knowledge of Microsoft Excel. Candidate must also possess strong oral and written communication skills.
A Bachelor’s degree along with 3-5 years work experience is required. Prior credit card, banking, auditing, quality control and/or accounting experience are a plus. Preferred degrees include Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, Statistics.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.