Develops and maintains strong client relationships by recognizing client needs through effective listening skills, asking need-defining questions, and recommending appropriate products or services. Collects and analyzes data resulting in problem solving and client solutions. Demonstrates a strong desire to build client respect and trust through credibility, friendliness, sincerity, and patience. Uses excellent telephone communication skills to present his or herself as a skilled professional putting the client at the center of every interaction.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Provides prompt, courteous, and accurate service to bank clients via the telephone
- Continually learns more about bank products and services
- Recognizes client needs and matches them with appropriate products through sales or referrals
- Demonstrates effective team skills and contributes ideas and suggestions that benefit the team and clients
- Makes efficient use of time despite frequent interruptions
- Works well in a group setting and maintains a courteous and professional demeanor
- Provides technical support for bank wide products such as online banking as well as many others
- Assists clients with loan and new account applications including scheduling closings at a branch location
- Inputs check card disputes for clients by phone
- Answers incoming calls at the Central Switchboard as needed
- Performs other relevant duties as assigned
- At least one year previous banking and/or call-center experience required
- High school diploma or equivalent required
OTHER REQUIREMENTS (SKILLS, ABILITIES, CHARACTERISTICS):
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of products and services offered
- Strong organizational skills that enable multiple tasks to be balanced
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to consistently handle a large volume of calls
- Independent decision making ability within defined guidelines
- Adapts quickly to change and remains flexible
- Ability to stay calm and professional under pressure
- Ability to maintain good team spirit and communication
- Enjoys a fast paced and changing environment
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is required to:
- Work in a normal office environment.
- Constantly talk or hear.
- Constantly sit for long durations.
- Frequently use hands to finger, handle, feel, push and pull.
- Frequently handle repetitive motion (sustained movements of the wrists, hands and/or fingers).
- Frequently stand, walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, and occasionally up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
AA/EOE M/F/D/V MEMBER FDIC