Req ID: 77121
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION: The primary objective of the Food and Beverage Coordinator is to maintain and promote an excellence in hospitality and customer service at all times; welcoming and serving guests in a courteous, efficient, and friendly manner.
JOB SUMMARY: The Food and Beverage Coordinator ensures the success of the lounge at the hotel, manages the inventory of the beverage products, and complies with all local, state, and federal rules and regulations related to the hotel.
- Greet customers as you see them, speak politely, and assist customers
- Implements training of company or franchise policies and procedures, operational goals, and objectives
- Planning, organizing, and executing successful operation of the dining, service, and lounge areas at the hotel
- Communicates with other departments to coordinate events and activities at the property
- Works as bartender during shifts to maximize the sales and profitability of the hotel
- Supervise the purchase and delivery of food and beverage products and equipment used in the operation of the hotel
- Market hotel, meeting, and social club space with local and regional clients to create productive and profitable operations at the hotel.
- Liaison between management and staff to ensure 100% client satisfaction
- Respond to guest inquiries, requests, and complaints to resolve issues in a timely, friendly, and efficient manner
- Input and retrieve information from the computer including but not limited to guest information, order processing, payment settlement, shift closing and research
- Ensures storage facilities, work areas, and service areas are kept clean, sanitized, safe, and conform to the regulatory codes of the local and state entities
- May count cash drawers, determine inventory levels, maintain department equipment and supplies and make recommendations or requests and communicate concerns to department supervisor
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of hotel information, including food and beverage offerings, packages, promotions, the local area, and other general products
- Maintain a safe facility and use safety first practices to remain accident-free.
- Fulfill duties as the manager on duty as needed at the hotel
- Other tasks as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Previous beverage operations experience required.
- Sales experience helpful.
- Must have or be willing to obtain appropriate state alcohol beverage certifications or permits as required
BACKGROUND CHECKS: All offers of employment may be conditioned on receipt of a background check report and/or drug screen that is acceptable to Love’s.
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Hard Skills: Ability to learn and operate a casher register; Ability to learn and perform basic office/clerical tasks
- Soft Skills: Good verbal and written communication skills, time management skills, organization skills, can-do attitude, sense of urgency, and strong work ethic.
- Typical Physical Demands:
- Regularly required to talk and hear.
- Requires standing and walking, with some bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing.
- Occasional light lifting not over 50lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee will primarily be exposed to a hotel environment working directly with food and beverages and interacting with the public face-to-face. The noise level in the work environment will be at a low level. Occasionally, the employee may be exposed to high-concentrated cleaning solutions, dirt, dust, grime, grease, and human waste.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: No travel is expected for this position
EEO STATEMENT: Love’s Travel Stops Inc. and Its Affiliates provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training
Job Function(s): Hospitality
Clean Places, Friendly Faces. It's been the guiding principle at Love's for more than 50 years, and it's leading us into the future. We're passionate about serving drivers with clean, modern facilities stocked with plenty of fuel, food and supplies. Love's has two primary kinds of stores. Our 'Country Stores' are fueling stations with a convenience store attached. The larger 'Travel Stops' are located on interstate highways and offer additional amenities such as food from popular restaurant chains, trucking supplies, showers and more.