(FT) LOCAL SALES MANAGER
The Oklahoman Media Company is a multi-media company whose purpose is to help make Oklahoma a better place to live, work, and raise a family. We provide value to our customers and advertisers by leveraging a variety of print and digital products and services.
We are looking for a full-time Local Sales Leader, with a “Hunter” mentality, to drive sales across a full suite of digital and print platforms and solutions across classified verticals. The ideal candidate will have experience and skill in creating new digital products and services and building business plans to support their launch. The ideal candidate will be very digital-centric, forward-thinking, have a high work ethic, and have a track record of providing successful strategic direction to and progressive leadership for sales teams as well as peers throughout the company.
- Meets & exceeds quarterly and annual revenue goals. Must have strong financial acumen.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of all of our print, digital, and direct mail products, platforms and services.
- Leads the local sales team in delivering valuable results to customers using a host of print and digital products and platforms.
- Drives new business urgently by providing strategic direction and innovative solutions to increase revenue in the digital realm.
- Executes/implements solutions effectively, is analytical, and tracks solutions to ensure desired results.
- Responsible for selling and training others to sell the value of digital marketing services and print solutions across all verticals, including social media management, web development, search engine optimization, search engine marketing, etc.
- Utilizes and manages internal resources to expand current business opportunities.
- Works with various departments and the local sales team to create new products and solutions for our customers to ensure the delivery of valuable results.
- Enables account penetration across all aspects of the business to include marketing, sales, market research, etc., with the goal of developing strong business relationships and results with clients.
- Demonstrates consultative sales skills in order to enable customers to drive their business and achieve their objectives through our products.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or a related field.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience leading sales teams.
- High work ethic, excellent communication skills, both oral and written, resilient state of mind.
- Strategic thinker with ability to implement strategies and deliver results.
- Strong understanding of and familiarity with major social and digital platforms.
- Experience selling the value of digital marketing services, including social media management, web development, search engine optimization, search engine marketing, etc., as well as other print and direct mail solutions.
- Requires a strong knowledge of digital advertising revenue models (CPM, CPC, CPA).
- Excellent business development and negotiation skills.
- Strong financial Acumen with attention to detail.
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills with the ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Media industry sales experience required.
To apply online:
An Equal Opportunity Employer