(FT) HUMAN RESOURCES COORDINATOR
The Oklahoman Media Company is seeking a highly motivated HR Coordinator to join our talented team of HR professionals. The position reports to the HR Director and carries out a variety of administrative duties to support the operations of the HR department.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Oversight of the application process and onboarding of new employees: Assists applicants with the application process, coordination of pre-employment screenings, coordination of pre-hire and new hire paperwork, carries out new-hire sessions, and answers candidate questions.
- Customer service: Serves as departmental receptionist. Answers questions and directs individuals to the correct HR staff.
- Administrative Duties: Creates and runs reports requested by the HR Director and the Chief Operating Officer, responds to employment verification requests, and maintains employee files.
- Event Planning: Coordinates various company related programs such as United Way giving campaign, the annual children’s Christmas party, and annual service awards.
- Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) from an accredited four year college or university in an associated discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in an HR support role.
- Must be highly organized.
- Must be able to multi-task and function in a fast paced environment, while dealing with frequent interruptions.
- Strong customer service skills and solution-oriented mentality required.
- Professional yet friendly presence.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced Excel and MS office required.
- Must be able to learn new software systems quickly.
To apply online:
An Equal Opportunity Employer