Tellers are responsible for efficiently processing a variety of customer transactions, while providing the highest level of service, and identifying bank products and services that are beneficial. Tellers must be proactive, friendly and courteous.
Duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Processing customer transactions efficiently and accurately in a fast- paced environment; maintaining and balancing a cash drawer; and adhering to policies and procedures
- Greeting customers and facilitating a welcoming and customer- focused environment
- Generating new business and expanding relationships with existing and potential customers by cross-selling bank products and services
- Responding to customer inquiries and concerns; researching and identifying solutions
*This position is required to participate in both informal and formal training. Must successfully pass the Teller Certification test in order to be assigned a Teller drawer. Formal training consists of a full week of training/ testing which is conducted within the first 3 weeks of employment and is scheduled Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
*This list includes the current primary responsibilities of this position. It is not intended to be all-inclusive and is subject to change, as needed, for the purpose of operational efficiency.
- Minimum of 6 months of cash handling experience in a retail sales environment and/or previous banking experience
- Excellent customer-service skills, including oral and written communication
- Ability to effectively contribute to a positive team environment and work toward achieving goals
- Careful attention to detail and strong organizational skills. Must adhere closely to bank procedures and regulations
- Strong work ethic and high integrity
- Strong computer and 10 key skills
- Outgoing, assertive, confident, and enthusiastic personality
- Knowledge of banking products and procedures
- Successful sales record in a retail sales or banking environment
- Bilingual (fluent verbal and written Spanish) skills
- Proficiency with all Microsoft applications (Word, Outlook, Excel etc.)
This position requires long periods of standing or sitting as well as typing and repetitive motion. Candidates must possess the ability to lift and carry cash drawers, coin bags, and boxes sometimes weighing as much as 25 pounds.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.