Req ID: 76302
BASIC PURPOSE: The primary purpose of this position is to perform a variety of tasks/projects that address the needs of the Love’s Hotel Operations team and to facilitate a learning opportunity for the Intern.
• Assist the Hotel Operations team with the planning and execution of opening a new hotel
• Provide support of the Hotel Operations team as needed; duties included but not limited to, daily sales and marketing support, hotel social media support, assisting that Love’s maintains a favorable and transparent relationship with major hotel companies.
• Perform general clerical duties, including but not limited to, photocopying, faxing, scanning, emailing and mailing.
• Other duties assigned as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
o HS Diploma or equivalent required
o Currently enrolled in four year university program, a sophomore level or above (pursing a Bachelor’s Degree in a hospitality related field).
o Past Internship experience a plus but not necessary
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
o Hard Skills: Knowledge of Microsoft office
o Soft Skills: Keen attention to detail, strong oral and verbal communication skills, organization skills, and team player
• Typical Physical Demands:
o Requires prolonged sitting, some bending and stooping.
o Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
o Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard and calculator.
o Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
Job Function(s): Hospitality
Clean Places, Friendly Faces. It's been the guiding principle at Love's for more than 50 years, and it's leading us into the future. We're passionate about serving drivers with clean, modern facilities stocked with plenty of fuel, food and supplies. Love's has two primary kinds of stores. Our 'Country Stores' are fueling stations with a convenience store attached. The larger 'Travel Stops' are located on interstate highways and offer additional amenities such as food from popular restaurant chains, trucking supplies, showers and more.
Taking care of our customers and taking care of our people every day!