Req ID: 83401
BASIC PURPOSE: The HR business partner (HRBP) position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. The position serves as a consultant to management on human resource-related issues.
- Acts as a consultant to clients on human resource-related issues
- Acts as an employee champion, a change agent and anticipates HR-related needs
- Handles complex employee relations matters to include terminations, counseling, coaching and documentation
- Interprets and explains human resources policies, procedures, labor laws, standards, and regulations
- Serves as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and helping resolve work-related problems
- Addresses employees and advises managers on organizational policy matters such as; equal employment opportunity, work complaints, harassment allegations and other employee concerns
- Handles employment claims such as unemployment and EEOC and all related investigations
- Serves as back up for HR manager on a variety of HR or HRIS projects
- Manages progressive disciplinary process and approvals
- Conducts exit interviews, analyze data and report on trends
- Manages the process for employee evaluations and 360 evaluations
- Monitors and evaluates headcount, turnover and other relevant HR metrics
- Recommends changes and monitor compliance laws for related practices and employee handbooks
- Works with corporate training to review content and assist as necessary
- Works with corporate recruiters to determine staffing needs and back up all recruiting functions as necessary
- Other duties assigned as needed
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- HS Diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR or HR related field strongly preferred
- 5+ years of progressive HR experience
- DOT compliance preferred
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Hard Skills: knowledge of Microsoft Office, including word processing, spreadsheet and database applications, HR specific software
- Soft Skills: strong presentation skills, willingness and ability to learn from other departments, innovator, good verbal and written communication skills, strong time management skills, strong organization skills, can-do attitude, sense of urgency, ability to take constructive criticism and strong work ethic
- Typical Physical Demands:
- Requires prolonged sitting, some bending and stooping.
- Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard and calculator.
- Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
Job Function(s): Administrative; Human Resources
Founded in 1964 by Tom Love, Love’s Family of Companies is headquartered in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, and remains entirely family owned and operated. With more than 300 locations in 40 states, Love’s approximate growth rate is 20 stores per year. Love’s has consistently ranked in the top 10 on Forbes’ Magazine’s annual listing of America’s largest privately held companies. From the first filling station in Watonga, Oklahoma, the Love’s commitment has remained the same: “Clean Places, Friendly Faces.”