Req ID: 78182
BASIC PURPOSE: Performs preventative and predictive maintenance on Corporate HVAC/R and plumbing systems. Troubleshoot issues and repair systems as needed. Provide assistance with building maintenance and Corporate Distribution as needed. Ability to interpret blueprints, sketches, layouts, wiring diagrams, planning and performing maintenance and repairs.
Include the following but are not limited to:
- Monitors Energy Management System - For alarms, out of spec situations, investigates and takes appropriate actions.
- Inspects and measures building to determine airflow and ventilation requirements.
- Responds to associated Hot/Cold temperature complaints.
- Discusses system malfunctions with users to isolate problems.
- Operates refrigerant recovery equipment, vacuum pumps, charging equipment and service gauges.
- Installs wiring to connect components to electric power source.
- Replaces or adjusts defective or worn parts to repair systems.
- Cuts, threads, gas welds, and connects pipe to functional components of HVAC systems.
- Ability to read and understand system blueprints, specifications, and performance data to determine configuration and purpose of system components such as compressors, motors, pumps, fans, switches, controls, ducts, or pipes.
- Maintain, organize, control, inventory supplies, tools, and equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair all electrical and mechanical components of HVAC/R equipment.
- Install plumbing fixtures & components.
- Troubleshoot and repair plumbing system deficiencies.
- Properly document equipment repairs and Freon use/disposal per EPA regulations.
- Be aware of and operate within OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Act) standards and company safety policies at all times.
- Responsible to be available to work on an on-call basis.
- Ability to work independently, demonstrate initiative in servicing customers and maintaining positive customer relations.
- Carry out assignments and instructions from supervisor(s) in a competent and efficient manner.
- Perform scheduled maintenance on building components.
- Manual physical labor, lifting and moving materials, furniture, equipment, and supplies.
- Other tasks as may be deemed appropriate by the supervisor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- HS Diploma or equivalent required.
- HVAC-R Contractor’s license
- EPA license
- Typical Physical Demands:
- The ability to lift up to 50lbs, and perform manual labor for 8 hours per day
- Work overhead, in tight areas, off of ladders, scaffolds, and at floor level.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard and calculator.
- Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
Clean Places, Friendly Faces. It's been the guiding principle at Love's for more than 50 years, and it's leading us into the future. We're passionate about serving drivers with clean, modern facilities stocked with plenty of fuel, food and supplies. Love's has two primary kinds of stores. Our 'Country Stores' are fueling stations with a convenience store attached. The larger 'Travel Stops' are located on interstate highways and offer additional amenities such as food from popular restaurant chains, trucking supplies, showers and more.