Req ID: 81322
BASIC PURPOSE: Solicits sales by telephoning businesses, which contributes to the healthy growth and profitability of the company.
- Contact businesses by telephone in order to solicit factoring sales.
- Cold call, direct email and perform other lead generation activities through provided leads lists.
- Obtain prospect interest through effective presentation of financial products, pricing, benefits and bundling of products.
- Close the sale through effective presentation of financial products, pricing, benefits and bundling of products.
- Work with Credit Underwriter to structure funding solutions benefitting the prospective factoring client and Love’s.
- Joint accountability with Operations for providing a “best-in-class” on-boarding experience for new clients.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School degree required, Bachelor degree preferred
- Prefer 1-5 years experience in call center or telemarketing environment.
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Knowledge of factoring, financial products and/or trucking industry a plus.
- Extremely well organized with attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal presentation and phone skills; ability to handle heavy call volumes.
- Sales and negotiation skills; specifically persistence, results driven, motivated, and ability to handle rejection.
- Computer literacy a must in maintaining CRM sales database and heavy use of Microsoft Office products.
- Typical Physical Demands:
- Requires prolonged sitting, some bending and stooping.
- Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard and calculator.
- Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
Job Function(s): Accounting and Finance
Founded in 1964 by Tom Love, Love’s Family of Companies is headquartered in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, and remains entirely family owned and operated. With more than 300 locations in 40 states, Love’s approximate growth rate is 20 stores per year. Love’s has consistently ranked in the top 10 on Forbes’ Magazine’s annual listing of America’s largest privately held companies. From the first filling station in Watonga, Oklahoma, the Love’s commitment has remained the same: “Clean Places, Friendly Faces.”