Req ID: 76482
The Inventory Systems Analyst roll is to research problems, plan solutions, and recommend software and systems changes to ensure the stable operation of Love’s store technology infrastructure. This includes interacting with software engineers, systems administrators, project managers, other departments, and vendors to ensure that the software is performing as expected. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve system issues in order to maximize the benefit of Love’s IT systems.
- Meet with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define business requirements and systems goals, and identify and resolve business systems issues.
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems
- Assist in the deployment of new applications and enhancements to existing applications.
- Assist in the development of cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including unit testing, functional testing and user acceptance testing.
- Provide orientation and training to end users for all modified and new systems
- Responsible for working with key business stakeholders and store personnel to answer system related questions and troubleshoot system issues
- Critical thinker who can think “outside” the box with regards to solving business issues
- Documents all processes, changes, and solutions.
- Participate in the on-call rotation (normally one week per month)
- Other duties assigned as needed
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products.
- Working technical knowledge of SQL preferred
- QA/Testing experience preferred
- Experience in data analysis and reporting preferred
- Knowledge of retail systems preferred
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to of managing 200+ emails per day
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Typical Physical Demands:
- Requires prolonged sitting, some bending and stooping.
- Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard and calculator.
- Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
Job Function(s): Information Technology
Clean Places, Friendly Faces. It's been the guiding principle at Love's for more than 50 years, and it's leading us into the future. We're passionate about serving drivers with clean, modern facilities stocked with plenty of fuel, food and supplies. Love's has two primary kinds of stores. Our 'Country Stores' are fueling stations with a convenience store attached. The larger 'Travel Stops' are located on interstate highways and offer additional amenities such as food from popular restaurant chains, trucking supplies, showers and more.