Req ID: 78021
BASIC PURPOSE: The primary purpose of the IT Accounting Analyst position is to provide meaningful analysis on company-wide IT projects/initiatives to IT leadership to help facilitate the decision making process. This includes but is not limited to cost analysis, trends/metrics reporting, and budget to actual variance reporting.
- Collect, analyze, and provide meaningful insights/trends regarding IT spend company-wide.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports and present them to IT leadership.
- Make independent decisions and recommendations regarding materials to provide to IT leadership.
- Meet with IT leadership to understand ongoing IT projects to ensure accounting is appropriate (capitalize versus expense, etc.).
- Work directly with IT leadership and take ownership of special reporting projects as needed.
- Assume responsibility for the budgeting process for IT; includes both capex and G&A budgets.
- Assist the financial reporting supervisor in the month end close process; financial reporting process.
- Enhance efficiencies through independent analysis of auditing of control procedures.
- Identify and assess potential opportunities for improvement.
- Interact with other departments and operations.
- Other duties assigned as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 1-2 years relevant work experience
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Hard Skills: Knowledge of Microsoft Office with strong emphasis on Excel
- Soft Skills: Strong oral and verbal communication skills; ability to perform and make decisions under pressure and strict deadlines; excellent time management skills; detail oriented; ability to multitask and be a team player
- Typical Physical Demands:
- Requires prolonged sitting, some bending and stooping.
- Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard and calculator.
- Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
Job Function(s): Accounting and Finance
Clean Places, Friendly Faces. It's been the guiding principle at Love's for more than 50 years, and it's leading us into the future. We're passionate about serving drivers with clean, modern facilities stocked with plenty of fuel, food and supplies. Love's has two primary kinds of stores. Our 'Country Stores' are fueling stations with a convenience store attached. The larger 'Travel Stops' are located on interstate highways and offer additional amenities such as food from popular restaurant chains, trucking supplies, showers and more.