Req ID: 69603
The primary purpose of the Point of Sale Help Desk Technician – Tier I is to provide front-line for the Love’s Store Support Center. The Point of Sale Help Desk Technician – Tier I ensures proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving end user help requests and escalating incidents when considered appropriate and necessary to maintain SLA expectations. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic andhelp request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level.
- Alert management to emerging trends in incidents.
- Field incoming requests to the Store Support Center via both telephone and e-mail to ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution of end user issues.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, store, contact information and nature of problem or issue as well as resolution information.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from support center customers.
- Escalate problem, when required, to the appropriately experienced technician.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and FAQ resources on the Internet/Intranet to aid in problem resolution.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow ups to help requests.
- Reinforce SLAs to manage end-user expectations.
- Other duties assigned as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- HS Diploma or equivalent required
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or three years equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware and peripherals.
- Experience with desktop operating systems, including Windows.
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Hard Skills: Knowledge of Microsoft Office, knowledge of basic computer hardware and peripherals, experience with desktop operating systems, including Windows, and strong documentation skills.
- Soft Skills: Exceptional written and oral communication skills, exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills, problem solving skills, keen attention to detail and a team player.
- Typical Physical Demands:
- Fluent English language skills.
- Requires prolonged sitting, some bending and stooping.
- Occasional lifting up to 40 pounds.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and other computer components.
- Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
Job Function(s): Information Technology
Clean Places, Friendly Faces. It's been the guiding principle at Love's for more than 50 years, and it's leading us into the future. We're passionate about serving drivers with clean, modern facilities stocked with plenty of fuel, food and supplies. Love's has two primary kinds of stores. Our 'Country Stores' are fueling stations with a convenience store attached. The larger 'Travel Stops' are located on interstate highways and offer additional amenities such as food from popular restaurant chains, trucking supplies, showers and more.