Provides overall support to Commercial, Retail and the National Lending Group. This position is responsible for payment processing, loan maintenance, credit disputes, and general ledger balancing. Incumbent has thorough understanding of all types of loans and other related requirements and independently acts to meet those requirements. Works under minimal supervision while supporting the Commercial, Retail and National Lending Group banking functions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Books all new, renewed and deferrals/extensions of loans for indirect clients.
- Processes all deferrals/extensions for direct loans.
- Reviews quality assurance reports, performing necessary core related maintenance to ensure the accuracy of all data on the bank’s core processing system.
- Performs quality assurance editing of all new and renewed loans booked to core.
- Processes all loan payments received by mail, email and wire transfer.
- Handles all loan maintenance received by mail bag, email and by maintenance requests.
- Responsible for setting up new ACH and/or AFT and special handling requests.
- Disburse escrow funds and perform periodic escrow analysis, as required.
- Prepares lien release requests received by email.
- Pays invoices, VSI Contracts, PMI insurance, and force placed insurance.
- Responsible for SBA reporting, GAP, coupon ordering and internal supply orders.
- Provides general support to the business lines.
- Prepares release documents for paid loans.
- Balances loan related general ledger accounts.
- Researches credit disputes, making any necessary corrections to core and updating client’s credit bureau through E-OSCAR.
- Handles both written correspondence and phone inquiries relating to loan processing issues.
- Completes special projects as assigned by Loan Operations Management.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- At least two years experience in a loan operations environment or equivalent work experience
- High school degree required.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS (SKILLS, ABILITIES, CHARACTERISTICS):
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient typing and computer skills (experience using Word, Excel, or other similar software).
- Demonstrated ability to maintain complex spreadsheets.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and evaluate detailed and/or complex documents.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Exceptional understanding of need to provide client focused service.
- High level of flexibility and adaptability, enabling the individual to work in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Strong team focus with ability to work effectively in a team environment.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is required to:
- Work in a normal office environment.
- Constantly talk or hear.
- Constantly sit for long durations.
- Frequently use hands to finger, handle, feel, push and pull.
- Frequently handle repetitive motion (sustained movements of the wrists, hands and/or fingers).
- Frequently stand, walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, and occasionally up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
AA/EOE M/F/D/V MEMBER FDIC