Supports the entire Commercial Banking Team through receiving, directing, and assisting clients entering or phoning the department, as well as typing and preparing correspondence, memos, and other loan documents. Has thorough understanding of most types of loans and other related requirements, and can independently act to meet those requirements. Gathers, compiles, and evaluates information, as well as obtains documents necessary for completion of a loan. Has thorough knowledge of all deposit and Treasury Management products, as well as all other services offered to Commercial clients. Works under minimal supervision while supporting the Commercial Banking functions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Represents the bank in a positive, courteous, friendly, and professional manner at all times, including in-person contact, as well as telephone, email and other methods of communicating..
- Provides general administrative support for the Commercial Banking Team including Division Manager, Commercial Team Leader, Commercial Relationship Manager, and Treasury Services Manager.
- Assists Commercial clients with customer service inquiries, problem resolution, opening of new deposit accounts, etc.
- Responsible for ordering title work, flood certifications, credit reports, appraisals and other items to support Commercial Relationship Manager and Private Banker in preparing for and closing commercial loans.
- Gathers, compiles, and evaluates information from loan clients, title companies, and other parties, such as employment verifications, credit reports, and collateral information, financial documents, etc.
- To assist in the overall customer satisfaction/customer retention efforts of the commercial team, proactively contacts commercial clients to verify satisfactory resolution of previously identified errors, proper setup of new loans and deposit accounts, etc.
- Assist the Commercial Team in overall new business development and prospecting efforts through research of potential client companies, maintaining prospect databases, preparation of marketing packets, etc.
- Assists Commercial Team or occasionally works independently to complete or close all types of projects assigned.
- Assists the Commercial Relationship Manager in monitoring financial covenants and borrowing bases related to commercial loans.
- Processes loan advance/draw requests for proper approval and disburses accordingly.
- Disburses loan funds
- Proactively assist Commercial officers and Private Bankers in resolving loan delinquencies and financial document and collateral exceptions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Possesses a minimum of three years progressively responsible work experience demonstrating a thorough knowledge in preparing and handling loan documentation supporting complex commercial loans.
- High school degree or equivalent required.
- Some college of technical training and/or previous commercial banking experience preferred.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS (SKILLS, ABILITIES, CHARACTERISTICS):
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient typing and computer skills (preferably experience using Word, Excel, or other similar software).
- Ability to read, comprehend and evaluate detailed and complex loan documents.
- Thorough understanding and familiarity of the bank’s loan policies and procedures.
- Ability to work independently to resolve problems and complete complex loan transactions.
- Thorough knowledge of regulatory and legal issues encountered in the completion and closing of complex personal and commercial loans.
- Thorough knowledge of loan regulations such as RESPA, HMDA, etc.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None
- Must be able to work within a routine office environment.
AA/EOE M/F/D/V MEMBER FDIC