Req ID: 76221
Location: 10601 N Pennsylvania Ave.
BASIC PURPOSE: The primary purpose of this position is to perform a variety of tasks/projects that address the needs of the Logistics department and to facilitate a learning opportunity for the Intern.
- Reviewing, preparing, and analyzing various reports
- Answer calls from drivers and outside customers
- Assist Logistics Analysts with any needs.
- Setup sites, terminals, suppliers, drivers, trucks, trailers and employees in Telapoint.
- Simons spreadsheet
- Work on miscellaneous projects
- Other duties assigned as needed
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- HS Diploma or equivalent required
- Currently enrolled in four year university program, a sophomore level or above (pursing a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, or Logistics).
- Past Internship experience a plus but not necessary
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Hard Skills: Proficient in using Microsoft Excel and Word, detail- oriented and well organized individual with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Soft Skills: Willingness and ability to learn from other departments, strong time management skills, multi-tasking; can-do attitude, sense of urgency, ability to take constructive criticism and strong work ethic, excellent organizational and planning skills, must have strong ethics and ability to keep confidences.
- Typical Physical Demands:
- Flexible 8 hour work day starting hours between 7- 10AM
- Requires prolonged sitting, some bending and stooping.
- Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard and calculator.
- Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
Job Function(s): Environmental and Safety; Maintenance; Transportation
Clean Places, Friendly Faces. It's been the guiding principle at Love's for more than 50 years, and it's leading us into the future. We're passionate about serving drivers with clean, modern facilities stocked with plenty of fuel, food and supplies. Love's has two primary kinds of stores. Our 'Country Stores' are fueling stations with a convenience store attached. The larger 'Travel Stops' are located on interstate highways and offer additional amenities such as food from popular restaurant chains, trucking supplies, showers and more.