Req ID: 82601
BASIC PURPOSE: This position is primarily responsible for overseeing and managing Veeder Root and Incon automatic tank gauge (ATG) alarms. The individual will also assist with ensuring our 23 environmental compliance programs are properly managed. Other duties include performing periodic environmental regulatory compliance audits and training store personnel. Multi-tasking several issues at one time is required. Communicating with upper management routinely as to the progress of duties will be required.
- Assist in management of the 23 environmental programs that are already established including:
- Performs periodic environmental compliance regulatory audits on stores and fuel terminals.
- Trouble-shoot Veeder Root and Incon ATG alarms and schedule repairs, ensuring full compliance with regulations.
- Schedule regulatory testing (tanks, lines/leak detectors and hydrostatic)
- Prepares stores for federal, state and local regulatory inspections.
- Monthly UST/AST leak detection records management.
- Provide environmental training to site personnel.
- Assisting with all types of waste management.
- Assist in managing the emergency spill response process for all sites nationwide.
- Maintain environmental compliance databases.
- Obtain regulatory permits such as UST and AST registrations, discharge, sewer and water well use, etc
- Ground and air travel throughout the US, up to 15%.
- Other duties assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- HS Diploma or equivalent required
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a hard science such as: Environmental Science/Management, Biology, Geology or an engineering discipline is a plus, but not required.
- Hard skills: Knowledge in Microsoft Office
Soft Skills: A team player with excellent written and oral communication skills and a professional demeanor, excellent organization, planning, time management and follow-up skills, able to work independently, and multi-task. Able to interface well with store personnel, the public and the regulatory community.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Requires prolonged sitting, some bending and stooping.
- Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard and calculator.
- Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
- Some limited ground and air travel, with possible overnight stay.
Love's Family of Companies encourages growth within the Company and the development of it's employees. Please make sure you have supervisor or manager approval prior to applying for a different position within the Company. If you have any questions, please contact your recruiter.