Operational Controls Oversight Manager will lead the mortgage company’s efforts to adhere to the rapidly changing legal and regulatory environment as it relates to the mortgage servicing industry. Key areas of focus include identifying potential regulatory risks, ensuring controls are properly implemented to mitigate potential risks, and assess threats to compliance with government agency, federal and state regulations for all areas of the company. This position will serve a vital role as a member of management and will be an integral part of the company’s overall risk management strategy.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better
• CPA and/or public accounting experience preferred
• 4+ years of auditing or related experience is required
• Familiar with standard auditing concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Ability to conduct interviews, observations and other audit procedures to understand, document and validate processes
• Interpret government agency, federal and state regulations and analyze their impact on existing policy and business practices
• Works under general supervision; but a certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Understanding of controls and the control environment
• Ability to consult / train managers
• Must have basic computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office products
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong documentation and report writing skills
• Excellent organizational and analytical skills
• Adapts and works well with diverse individual
• Experience with financial institutions or mortgage servicing is a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.