OSU - Oklahoma City, located in the heart of Oklahoma City, is currently seeking a Grounds/Landscaping Technician- 2 Part time Temporary.
Performs semi-skilled duties required to maintain University grounds. Includes: mowing, weed eating, watering, planting, picking up trash, general clean-up of facilities, and other assigned duties.
* Extensive standing and/or walking; Occasional bending/stooping, squatting/ crouching and pushing/pulling
* Exposure to various chemicals including fertilizer and herbicide * Requires ability and adequate dexterity to operate tools and equipment required for job. * Repetitive movement of hand/wrist
* Requires substantial strength and stamina.
* Manual dexterity/visual ability to operate motor vehicle, computer and radio.
* May need to lift up to 45 pounds. If an object weighs more than 45 pounds, OSU-Oklahoma City requires this to be a two person lift.
* Must present a clean, professional uniform appearance while maintaining normal and acceptable standards of personal hygiene.
* Protective mask, and other impervious Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required as the situation dictates.
* This is a temporary position and will last for 13 weeks
* 6 months responsible work experience
Skills, Proficiencies and Knowledge:
* Ability to read and interpret routine written or printed materials such as labels on chemicals (mix chemicals), basic charts, diagrams or instruction material for equipment
* Ability to effectively use maintenance, garden and hand tools, sprayers, etc
* Ability to work efficiently independently and/or in a team environment
* Ability to follow and ensure compliance with safety policies and procedures
* High School/GED
* One year responsible work experience
* Previous weed eating experience
* Valid Oklahoma drivers license
Applications accepted online only at http://jobs.okstate.edu. Please call 405-945-3206 with issues applying online.
OSU-Oklahoma City is an AA/EEO/E-verify employer committed to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. OSU-Oklahoma City is a tobacco and vapor-free campus