The Policy & Procedure Analyst manages departmental policies and procedures. He or she develops and implements Bank Operations wide policies, ensures department policies meet standards and are reviewed annually.
- Creates, implements and maintains the framework for policy and procedure development and documentation.
- Manages departmental policy and procedure reviews to ensure regular review of policies and procedures is performed and that all policies and procedures obtain the correct approvals.
- Manages the policy and procedure dashboard, ensuring new policies and procedures are added while existing policies and procedures contain the correct links.
- Manages the “3-deep” objective and implements policies for each department to ensure they are meeting the objective.
- Manages Bank Operations problem management policy and ensures appropriate reporting and documentation of problems is completed and reviewed.
- Keeps management abreast of current and emerging training issues and the need for updating existing or creating new policies and procedures.
- Creates and distributes monthly reporting package to Bank Operations management.
- Manage projects related to procedures or training development.
- Pursues professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships and shares information gained with co-workers.
- Assist with internal and external audit and exam preparation.
The qualified candidate must possess a minimum of 2 years banking experience, with a solid understanding of the financial services industry and deposit best practices as well as operations, and be able to apply these concepts in a working environment. Analytical, logical, and math skills are required. A Bachelor's degree is required, preferably in Finance, Economics, Accounting, or Mathematics.
Additional requirements include:
- Considerable understanding of the financial services industry and deposit best practices.
- Ability to understand quality risk and its impact beyond existing policies and procedures to direct the handling and/or cure of exception items.
- Skill in researching and analyzing quality data, evaluating applicability and drawing logical conclusions.
- Strong analytical skills. Able to effectively assess risk, identify root cause of issues and identify operational deficiencies.
- Ability to complete assignments with little supervision while adhering to timelines and budget constraints.
- Ability to lead change initiatives to meet required deadline.
- Skill in planning and project management.
- Business software skills, including word processing, spreadsheet, internet, and presentation tools to prepare reports, memos, summaries and analysis.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Skill in negotiating issues and resolving problems.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with management, co-workers and external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional team environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.