Req ID: 82861
BASIC PURPOSE: The primary purpose of the Procurement Specialist is to ensure that purchases are executed swiftly and consistently according to procedures. Top candidates will have exceptional customer service, a high degree of organizational skills and the ability to properly prioritize work.
- Receive, generate and/or process supplier quotes, statements of work, purchase orders (POs), addendums and all documentation relevant to procurement; distribute to management and/or applicable corporate departments as needed for review, approval, and storage.
- Assist in negotiating pricing, and establishing terms and conditions for purchases.
- Work in conjunction with Accounting and Fixed Assets regarding Project Codes for proper coding of PO’s
- Works directly with vendors to insure orders are delivered in a timely and accurate manner.
- Requests Return Authorizations (RMA’s).
- Communicate the status of purchases with internal customers to insure products are received in a timely manner.
- Build parts in Material Master and submit for approval.
- Oversees the updating of team calendar and procurement savings sheet.
- Monitor VIM Exception Queue for Invoice processing.
- Work weekly report of Open POs and Invoices for reconciliation of AP P2P process.
- Identify new opportunities within Love’s to utilize the SAP P2P process where applicable.
- Assist with Software duties as needed.
- Special Projects as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- HS Diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1-3 years relevant work experience
- SAP experience preferred
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Hard Skills: Knowledge of Microsoft Office with strong emphasis on Excel
- Soft Skills: Strong oral and verbal communication skills; ability to perform and make decisions under pressure and strict deadlines; excellent time management skills; detail oriented; ability to multitask and be a team player
- Experience with SAP is a plus
- Typical Physical Demands:
- Requires prolonged sitting, some bending and stooping.
- Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard and calculator.
- Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
Job Function(s): Accounting and Finance
Founded in 1964 by Tom Love, Love’s Family of Companies is headquartered in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, and remains entirely family owned and operated. With more than 300 locations in 40 states, Love’s approximate growth rate is 20 stores per year. Love’s has consistently ranked in the top 10 on Forbes’ Magazine’s annual listing of America’s largest privately held companies. From the first filling station in Watonga, Oklahoma, the Love’s commitment has remained the same: “Clean Places, Friendly Faces.”