Req ID: 81901
BASIC PURPOSE: Research, analysis and compliance for the Love families and companies. Compliance includes the timely completion and filing of income tax returns, quarterly estimated tax payments, annual reports and responding to various income tax notices received from tax authorities.
- Prepare selected income tax returns as well as quarterly estimates as needed
- Review income tax returns prepared by tax accountants
- Assist with IRS and state audits
- Review fixed asset for tax purposes (assure proper tax life and method selected, maximize annual depreciation or deduction)
- Help identify tax savings opportunities throughout the tax return process, including state income tax and credit research
- Assist with process improvement and efficiencies across the tax function
- Work on special projects as assigned
- Other duties assigned as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School degree or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA licensed in Oklahoma or CPA candidate in Oklahoma
- 3+ years public or corporate tax experience
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Hard Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office, tax compliance software and online research, experience in multi-state environment using Prosystems and CorpSytems Workpaper Manager softwares a plus
- Soft Skills: Strong oral and written communication skills, detail oriented, keen attention to detail, team player, and the ability to work independently and deal with confidential information, and the ability to work long hours as needed especially during spring and fall tax preparation
- Typical Physical Demands:
- Requires prolonged sitting, some bending and stooping
- Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard and calculator.
- Requires normal range of hearing and vision
- Possible evening/weekend work
Job Function(s): Accounting and Finance
Founded in 1964 by Tom Love, Love’s Family of Companies is headquartered in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, and remains entirely family owned and operated. With more than 300 locations in 40 states, Love’s approximate growth rate is 20 stores per year. Love’s has consistently ranked in the top 10 on Forbes’ Magazine’s annual listing of America’s largest privately held companies. From the first filling station in Watonga, Oklahoma, the Love’s commitment has remained the same: “Clean Places, Friendly Faces.”