Req ID: 75941
Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores is looking for a Senior Developer to join our Application Development team. As a member of the Application Development team you will be responsible for accelerating software development and testing utilizing C# and .NET. We are looking for an individual with experience designing and deploying enterprise applications utilizing .NET and SharePoint. The ideal individual for this position will be a subject matter expert with a proven track record deploying enterprise grade applications.
- Develop applications utilizing C# and .NET with experience developing SharePoint solutions.
- Plan phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC) for a variety of projects.
- Assist in the preparation and documentation of software requirements and specifications.
- Conduct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
- Write unit tests utilizing TDD for back and front-end services.
- Deliver solutions in an Agile - Scrum project methodology.
- Drive technical design insuring adherence to defined software development methodologies, including logical
and physical design.
- Collaborate with analysts, designers, and system owners in the testing of new software programs and
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree or 4 years equivalent experience.
- 7-10+ years application development utilizing .NET/C#
- Experience developing solutions for SharePoint
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to create applications from the ground up as well as modifying existing applications.
- Able to recommend and enforce industry best practices and patterns.
- Strong proficiency with data modeling.
- Experience with Sitecore is a plus.
- Strong understanding of SOA concepts and design patterns.
- Strong understanding of object oriented programming.
- Strong understanding of Agile project methodologies.
- Able to mentor and work with junior-level developers.
- Must be well organized.
- Team oriented.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Requires prolonged sitting, some bending and stooping.
- Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard and calculator.
- Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
Job Function(s): Information Technology
Clean Places, Friendly Faces. It's been the guiding principle at Love's for more than 50 years, and it's leading us into the future. We're passionate about serving drivers with clean, modern facilities stocked with plenty of fuel, food and supplies. Love's has two primary kinds of stores. Our 'Country Stores' are fueling stations with a convenience store attached. The larger 'Travel Stops' are located on interstate highways and offer additional amenities such as food from popular restaurant chains, trucking supplies, showers and more.