Our Tellers plays a vital role in providing clients with an exceptional banking experience. Tellers provide excellent client relations and accurate cash handling while performing a variety of bank service functions, including cashing checks; processing savings, checking and loan transactions; and selling gift cards, savings bonds, and cashiers checks. A Teller is responsible for accuracy in balancing each day’s transactions and verifying cash. Upon hire, Tellers must successfully complete Teller Orientation and Training and pass a Teller Test. Tellers must also mentor with colleagues and management to gain knowledge of other areas in the bank in order to successfully recognize customer needs and refer to product specialists.
This is a great opportunity for a bright, articulate individual with a high attention to detail and an aptitude for providing excellent customer service. If you’d like to get your foot in the door of the financial industry while working for a family-friendly company, apply today! Colleagues of First Fidelity Bank take pride in providing superior customer service, enjoy their work, have great benefits, make lasting friendships, and have fun!
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Delivers consistent, exceptional client relations by displaying sincere friendliness and desire to serve. Smiling, acknowledging every client, introducing yourself, making eye contact, and thanking the client are all of high importance.
- Provides prompt, efficient, accurate client service in response to requests, inquiries, or problems concerning Teller services or bank products. Accurately explains service charges, statement problems, account and product features, etc.
- In order to build and maintain long-lasting, loyal client relationships, must be able to identify and act on clients’ needs and recognize opportunities to refer services and/or bank products.
- Accurately processes transactions while working within defined limits of authority. Processes deposits and withdrawals on savings and checking accounts. Verifies deposit amounts, examines checks, bonds and cashiers checks to determine negotiability. Accurately verifies signatures and client balances on withdrawals. Enters transactions into bank records via online terminal. Completes and records accurate documentation on large transactions.
- Maintains accurate cash and coin supply in drawer, while staying within maximum limits. Keeps currency and coin in a neat and orderly arrangement. Balances drawer and coin vault within defined accuracy standards.
- Prepares change orders for clients, receives payments for loans and distributes to proper channels.
- Sells gift cards, savings bonds, and cashiers checks.
- Abides by Teller and First Fidelity Bank policies and procedures and complies with all relevant regulatory requirements. Must complete compliance training and adhere to internal procedures and controls; report any known violations of compliance policy, laws, or regulations; and report any suspicious customer and/or account activity.
- Maintains a high-level of cooperation and rapport with all clients, associates and management in order to ensure accurate and efficient operations and service.
- Leads by example and contributes to a professional, team-oriented environment through a neat and professional appearance, cooperation, flexibility, dependability, attendance/lack of tardiness and participation at meetings and training.
- Performs other relevant duties as assigned.
other requirements (Skills, Abilities, Characteristics):
- Excellent client-service skills, including interpersonal, written and verbal communication. Must be able to provide cordial, enthusiastic customer service regardless of customer personality, presence or communication style. Must be able to listen to and handle client questions, objections and complaints.
- Ability to learn and obtain proficient knowledge of bank products and services, policies and procedures, and applicable banking regulations.
- Basic math/accounting skills.
- Ability to proactively and effectively participate in the bank’s sales program, meeting and exceeding expectations of established sales and referral activities.
- Established organizational skills leading to high accuracy rates in all areas. Must be able to perform several tasks at once and rotate job tasks while maintaining pleasant client service.
- Proficient typing and computer skills (Windows/MS Office).
- Basic technical skills, including ability to use basic office equipment, bank software products and branch capture equipment.
- Bilingual/proficiency in both English and Spanish languages a plus.
Proven cash handling, customer service, bank teller, or other financial service provider experience preferred.
- High school degree or equivalent required.
- Some college preferred.
- May require long periods of standing or sitting.
- Ability to lift and carry cash drawers, coin bags, and boxes sometimes weighing over 25 pounds.
- May require long periods of typing and repetitive motion.
working conditions: While performing the duties of this job, the Teller is constantly located inside an office building.
Supervisory responsibility: None
AA/EOE M/F/D/V MEMBER FDIC