Sells and implements the Bank’s treasury management services and depository products to commercial and small business clients in assigned markets. Manages complex client relationships and partners with other Commercial Relationship Managers to strengthen and expand relationships. Acts as a liaison between clients and bank’s service departments to support sales implementation and service issues. Monitors market conditions and trends so that the bank remains competitive in product offerings and pricing.
This list includes the current primary responsibilities of this position. It is not intended to be all-inclusive and is subject to change, as needed, for the purpose of operational efficiency.
- Solicits business from existing and prospective clients via leads, referrals, and a proactive prospecting plan, including expanding relationships with current treasury and loan clients.
- Analyzes client’s deposit relationships, treasury functions, and cash flow to develop customized treasury services proposals.
- Regularly meets with business owners, CFOs, and Controllers for consultation and presentation of proposals.
- Prepares and presents cost/benefit analyses and pricing recommendations utilizing the bank’s pricing model.
- Provides regular training of treasury management services for the Commercial team.
- Accepts applications for ACH Origination and other treasury products, prepares credit memorandums, and makes approval recommendations according to consistent underwriting standards for clients within their portfolio.
- Communicates effectively with support departments to ensure thorough implementation of services and adequate support to clients.
- Provides training and support to business clients regarding treasury products.
- Maintains productive working relationships with all departments of the bank.
- Regularly attends and participates in sales meetings with all business groups in the assigned market.
- Utilizes SalesForce to accurately document sales activity and process for department workflow.
- Accurately prepares reports detailing department sales activity and income volume.
- Identifies referral opportunities for other bank services, such as commercial lending, merchant services, and investments.
- Provides competitive information on products and services to the product development officer.
- Three to five years banking experience required.
- Three to five years sales experience required.
- Prior successful business development required.
- Experience selling and/or supporting commercial and treasury management services preferred.
- Demonstrated success working in a self-directed environment with little supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance-related field (Finance, Accounting, or Economics) preferred.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS (SKILLS, ABILITIES, CHARACTERISTICS):
- In-depth knowledge of commercial depository and treasury management products.
- Basic knowledge of commercial lending products and their associated credit risks.
- Ability to develop and implement a proactive prospecting plan, including the ability to prioritize prospects and manage all aspects of the sales process through implementation.
- Ability to manage all aspects of the product sales process from prospecting through implementation, including providing follow-up support if needed.
- Ability to professionally speak with, and make presentations to, corporate executives, bank management, and sales teams.
- Solid team player, must possess the ability to partner with all bank associates to generate new business and support existing clients.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Strong time management skills, including the ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be an organized, self-motivated individual with the ability to make decisions, resolve problems, and work independently.
- Strong PC and software application skills.
- Thorough knowledge of all bank operating systems.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Work in a normal office environment.
AA/EOE M/F/D/V MEMBER FDIC