Universal Banker provides service to new and existing clients by promoting, selling, and opening bank deposit accounts and services, as well as looking for opportunities to refer clients to additional lines of business. Universal Banker assists clients with inquiries regarding their accounts. Sales and service responsibilities include expanding existing relationships through profiling, proactively seeking retail and small business lending opportunities and closing loans. Position requires thorough knowledge and familiarity of various bank accounts and products. Universal Banker must successfully participate in First Fidelity Bank’s sales program by proactively identifying client needs and delivering exceptional service.
On a limited basis a Universal Banker provides accurate cash handling and positive client relations while performing a variety of service functions, including cashing checks, processing savings, checking, and loan transactions. Also sells gift cards, savings bonds, cashiers and travelers checks. Universal Banker is responsible for accuracy in balancing each day’s transactions and verifying cash.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Abides by all relevant First Fidelity Bank policies and procedures.
- Provides prompt, efficient, and accurate service in selling, promoting, and opening bank products and services to new and existing clients. Provides prompt, efficient, accurate client service in response to requests, inquiries, or problems. Performs maintenance of existing relationships. Explains service charges, statement problems, account and product features, etc.
- Accurately processes transactions while working within defined limits of authority.
- Processes deposits and withdrawals on savings and checking accounts. Verifies deposit amounts, examines checks, bonds and cashiers checks to determine negotiability. Accurately verifies signatures and client balances on withdrawals. Enters transactions into bank records via online terminal.
- Builds and maintains client relationships. Provides a superior level of service by identifying clients’ needs, recognizing and acting upon opportunities to offer bank products and services
- Maintains accurate cash and coin supply in drawer, while staying within maximum limits. Keeps currency and coin in a neat and orderly arrangement.
- Balances drawer and coin vault within defined accuracy standards.
- Prepares change orders for clients, receives payments for loans and distributes to proper channels.
- Proficient knowledge of bank products and services.
- Leads by example.
- Sells gift cards, savings bonds, cashiers and travelers checks.
- Proactively complies with all relevant regulatory requirements. Completes and records accurate documentation on large transactions.
- Performs other relevant duties as assigned.
- Six months previous cash handling experience required.
- Previous teller and sales experience preferred.
- High school degree or equivalent required.
- Some college preferred.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS (SKILLS, ABILITIES, CHARACTERISTICS):
- Excellent client-service skills, including interpersonal, written and verbal communication.
- Skills, ability, and knowledge to proactively and effectively participate in the bank’s sales program, meeting and exceeding expectations of established sales and referral activities.
- Established organizational skills leading to high accuracy rates in all areas.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Basic technical skills, including ability to use bank software products and branch capture equipment.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None
- May require long periods of standing or sitting.
- Ability to lift and carry cash drawers, coin bags, and boxes sometimes weighing over 25 pounds.
- May require long periods of typing and repetitive motion.
AA/EOE M/F/D/V MEMBER FDIC